Monday 6 June 2016

Special Spotlight : Interview with Tightso

Hi Creative and Fashionable people!

We got a Special Spotlight today with Tightso!


Thank you so much for responding to us at Legwear Fashion For Men via Instagram! I just checked out your website at www.tightso.com and it seems like you got a nice collection of legwear products there! And I would like to ask you a few questions!


1)Can you provide the readers at Legwear Fashion For Men with some background information about yourself and tightso (You can introduce who you are as well)

   
I'd like to thank you for the interview on behalf of all Tightso staff :) My name is Eileen, I'm the founder of Tightso. We started originally as SecondSkin-Shop in 2008 and then shorten our name to Tightso in 2010 which simply means Tights Online. Our physical stores are located in both Ottawa/Canada and Ankara/Turkey. Following 2010 we started our online hosiery department and shipping fine and rare hosiery worldwide ever since. Our journey began as really small with just two women and progressed to what it is today 10 passionate women still enjoying and learning the world of hosiery.



2) What was the inspiration to start Tightso?

After graduating at a college in Montreal I've decided that I'm not up to an 8 to 4 job. First I 
have to try to run my own business which I've said to myself and I'm glad I did. I have worked in many malls and shopping centers I don't know why but preferably in hosiery departments. Maybe because my first Summer job in high school was a counter assistant in a local cosmetics and hosiery shop :) So I've learned quite a few things about hosiery and probably decided to put it in use :) 

3) Oh wow! You got businesses in 2 countries! We noticed that you have interesting ideas like giving away free tights and we know it's something quite out of the box! We are curious, what makes Tightso unique from other online hosiery retailers?

Out of many I think, we try to maintain good relations with our customers. We always keep in touch. We have customers that we ship tights even before they place an order.We just think they might like them and if they do they will make the payment.We are a bizarre online business :)


Penti 40 Denier Tights


4) What are the general demographics of your customers so far? Eg. Adult women, young women or men? 

With all the crazy and fun designs I'd say young women and men. Adult women (50+) unfortunately more comfortable shopping locally. We have quite a large number of men customer as well. They mostly go for our classic tights and we try to help them as much as we can regarding sizing and colour.

5) What brands do Tightso currently carry? Are there any favourites for you personally too?

We have two lines of products. The ones we sell online and the ones in our stores.We sell the rare and hard to find ones online.  We carry Gatta, Day Mod, Penti, Oroblu, Fiore, Golden Lady, Italiana, Pierre Cardin, Mujde and etc.

We have also been working on our own brand called Nelson.We have only one product for now; 40 Den opaques and they are part of our "Back to school" promotion that we run every Fall. As for favorites, I love all. Each brand we carry have a unique wow factor of their own. But if I had to choose one I'd say Penti because they have variety .Every year we get a few new designs from hosiery companies via our suppliers but Penti send us a whole new product line with tons of new designs and colors directly nonstop. They're a real dynamo!



Day Mod 200 Den Wetlook Tights



6)Wow! It's nice to know they are many kinds of customers you have! We will also surely look out for your own brand Nelson! Any idea when will you be releasing them?

Nelson brand is available since last year. For now only in black color and three sizes but will be expanded up to XXL and more color options in near future.We have also been working on a sheer model which will come in a number of colors and sizes to choose from.


Nelson 40 Denier Tights



7)For years there has been a recent hype on men's hosiery or "Mantyhose" top hosiery fashion designer like Emilio Cavallini caught up with it and created a few lines of tights for men, what do you think of hosiery as a fashion or as an everyday apparel for men? 

I think it's great to see men realising that tights are not just for women and can be for men also. I'm quite familiar to the trend. Even when I worked as a counter assistant in the 80s we had many male customers even though we carried only for women items.

I was always impressed by how knowledgeable they were when it comes to hosiery even more than us women. Today about 50% of our business is with men and it's a great number and says a lot. Not surprisingly we interact more with men everyday through emails and social media and it says a lot.



 Penti 80 Denier Tights


8)What are your plans for your foreseeable future?

Keep doing what we're doing. Everyone has a goal to reach in his/her life. I love my job and I intend to do it for a long time.


Awesome! Thank you so much! We want to wish you all the best in your business and your endeavours! Looking forward cooperate more in the future!


I hope you all enjoyed this interview, Tightso has some really unique nice patterns of tights! Do check them out!

Thanks for reading!
Andreas



1 comment:

  1. Here's a good question these tights the PENTI Glare Lurex Sparkle polka dot tights are on tightso web site but every time I go to checkout it tells me to go back to merchant page and won't let me buy them plus selected another pair. Yes went to Turkish Penti site tried to register got as far as the info page won't take my phone number in the GSM part can only enter 3 numbers . Anyone know where I can buy these I live in the usa. Great looking tights would love to buy them.

    ReplyDelete